Guinness Stout Brownies
- 12 Ounces Guinness Extra Stout Beer
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 24 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (or 1 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips)
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3 Cups XXX
- 1/3 Cup Reduced Stout
- 1 Teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Christmas Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
Cream the butter and sugar, add in the egg and vanilla, then combine with flour and baking powder.
Chill the dough and then roll it out to cut out your Christmas cookies. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4-5 slices of crumbled bacon (or more - you can never have enough bacon!)
- 1 chopped scalion
Mix together and add fresh ground pepper. Serve chilled with your choice of potato chips and watch your guests smile!
Blueberry Cornmeal Muffines
Note: Oven temperature is important for this recipe. Set your oven for 375 degrees.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
Combine dry ingredients first. Then add 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Mix together wet ingredients and add to the dry mix. Stir in blueberries and fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and bake 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
Whipped Feta Dip
- 6 ounces of feta cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of any type of thyme
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
Put all ingredients into a food processor and whip it good!
Serve with an assortment of crackers and fresh veggies for a delicious and light snack.
Mission Inn Cranberry, Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees - Ungreased cookie sheets
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 T ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Ghirardelli Bitter Sweet, White, or Milk Chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients, EXCEPT OATMEAL and toss them together with wooden spoon so cranberries, raisins, nuts and coconut are not all clustered together.
Add all dry ingredients and oatmeal to creamed mixture and stir with wooden spoon until mixture is blended. Do not over stir.
Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto UNGREASED cookie sheets.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool one minute on cookie sheet and then remove to wire cooling rack.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
The Mission Inn Baked Mexican Corn Dip
- 2 - 16 oz cans well drained corn niblets
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar, Swiss and/or Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup lite or fat free Hellmann's mayonnaise
- ½ cup lite or fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Stir all ingredients together and place in ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle top with Spanish paprika and bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly.
Serve with basket of Frito lay scoops or whole grain crackers or veggies.
Serves about 10-14 people